Tell me, why are you looking so confused when I was the one who didn't know the truth?
1. Always speak your mind and stand up for what you deserve. Don’t hint at your feelings, be direct. Nothing will change if they don’t know your feelings and if you’re afraid that they’ll brush off how you feel or change it around so it looks like you’re the problem then you don’t need them in your life anyway.
2. Sometimes you’ll have to be the one to apologize first or ask to talk first, but in the end, you’ll realize it was worth it just to keep that person in your life and you’ll forget whatever you were arguing about a few days later anyway.
3. Always listen to other people’s ideas and opinions. Do not prepare your arguing statement or block out the other person while they’re explaining something to you. Sometimes they might just help you realize something that you wouldn’t have on your own or help you from your own idea.
4. If he only invites you over when his friends are busy and his parents aren’t home and on your birthday he doesn’t call, then he doesn’t love you. Anyone that loves you will make time for you no matter what their situation is.
5. If you everything a person does annoys you or if they make jokes you don’t care for, move on. Find someone you can talk to for hours without getting bored and can always depend on. Life is too short for forced, meaningless relationships.
6. At some point in your life, you may find yourself locked in your bathroom with a razor blade in your hand and your medicine cabinet open in front of you. Stop. Think about all of the places you have yet to go to. Think about college. Think about something to look forward to and promise yourself that until that day comes, you won’t make that first cut or down that first pill. Do this every time. And you’ll find you have a lot more to live for.
7. Never ever allow a boy to step all over you. Because if he does it once, he’ll come back to stomp on you again and again.
8. Sometimes people won’t step down and apologize even when you have and they may think they’re above you no matter what you try. Let them leave your life. Someday they’ll do this to the wrong person when they need spare change or get a job with the person as their boss. Maybe it’ll be you.
9. A boy and a girl can be best friends and not have feelings for each other. If anyone teases you about this, leave it be. You are already living proof.
10. You know that phrase “You must love yourself before you can love someone else”? Well it’s true. During your life, you’re not always going to be in a relationship at all times so it’s important to learn how to be happy without one. Go out with friends. Go on adventures. Buy yourself your favorite thing on the menu at your favorite restaurant. Enjoy your life and be happy with you. You can do so much when you love yourself and live your life to the fullest."